Take time out to relax and prepare emotionally and physically for your baby’s birth.
8 weeks from 2nd May 2018 £80
Postures are adapted to the physical changes during pregnancy, to aid aching hips, back and shoulders. These classes help women to learn about what is happening to their body, and to relax and enjoy their pregnancy. They offer a space to contemplate the coming changes. Yoga can also facilitate natural childbirth. Many women find that the relaxation techniques help them to sleep.
- Improve strength, flexibility. Strengthen pelvic floor.
- Postures to help e.g. heartburn, sciatica, cramp. Ease aches and pains.
- Meet other local mums-to-be.
- Weekly handouts covering topics, with exercises to practice at home.
- Birth preparation: including breathing techniques and positions for birth.
- Relaxation techniques. Improved sleep.
- What do I bring? Cushions/blankets for relaxation, a mat if you have one (I have spares)
- Who is it suitable for? Anyone, including complete beginners.
- When can I start? From 3 months up to full term.
Contact Sally if you have any concerns. Sally trained in pregnancy yoga with Birthlight (link) in 2002 and has trained 100s of women since.
Advance payment. Call 0780 3896268 or email Sally for availability and to book your place.
Birth Preparation – Blissful birth!
Birth Preparation Workshops:
Cost: £75 per individual couple. £45 per couple for 2 or more couples.
This is a one-off workshop and lasts for about 2 and ½ hours. Contact me if you would like to arrange a workshop.
Upon request, I offer birth preparation workshops for individual couples or 2/3 couples in your own home, at a time to suit you and your birthing partner. Couples can prepare together for childbirth. This workshop gives partners tools to support the mums-to-be during labour and helps you both to feel more confident and prepared physically and emotionally for childbirth.
The workshop covers:
- Massage techniques for pregnancy and labour
- Yoga practices to assist at each stage of labour and manage pain.
- Birthing positions (using supports, including birthing balls)
- Breathing, visualisation and relaxation techniques to promote gentle birth
- Top tips for birthing partners
- Handouts to take away and practice.